Dr. Kate Hunter is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor practising in Toronto, who specializes in Auricular & Bioenergetic Medicine, which is a unique combination of Naturopathy, Medical Intuition and Acupuncture.
This is the time of year when most of my patients ask about doing a detox. It is the perfect time of year to reset your body and facilitate healthy changes. Here are my recommendations for a gentle and effective body detoxification! .
- Cleanse length should be minimum 2 weeks, ideal is 21-30 days
- First thing in the morning have a glass of hot water and lemon to stimulate your Liver
- Before bed, place Castor oil pack over Liver for 30 minutes (place castor oil directly on skin, cover with old cloth or T-shirt and place hot water bottle over top)
- Drink a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water per day
- Choose only organic meats and produce
- Get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep per night
- Absolutely no smoking, alcohol or caffeine
- Sweat once per day for a minimum of 30 minutes
- Avoid the most common allergens in the diet - gluten, dairy, soy, eggs and genetically modified (GMO) foods
A personalized cleanse where you are supporting the organs of elimination is always best. If you are having digestive issues, skin issues or an inflammatory process, then detoxing isn't necessarily the best idea for you right now. Make sure to come in for an appointment to personalize your detox in order to get the best results for you!