Dr. Kate Hunter is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor practising in Toronto, who specializes in Auricular & Bioenergetic Medicine, which is a unique combination of Naturopathy, Medical Intuition and Acupuncture.
To most of us, New Year’s Resolutions might now seem like a distant memory. Whether yours was to get fit or eat healthy – there’s still hope! Wellness is a lifelong commitment and can’t only be achieved in the month of January on a yearly basis.
Here are 5 dietary habits that you can get into on a daily basis to improve your health:
1) Switch at least one cup of coffee per day for green or white tea
Green and white tea have so many antioxidant (cancer fighting and antiaging properties!) benefits that you won’t even miss your java that is actually making you more chronically tired.
2) Cook with Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil helps your body burn fat more efficiently. It is also a natural antimicrobial –fights pathogens and infections.
3) Add more leafy greens
Try to have leafy greens take up ½ of your plate – even at breakfast (think greens smoothie!)
4) 8 Glasses of water minimum per day!
– Hydration is the most important part to detoxification!
5) Focus on eating Gluten-Free grains
– this decreases bloating, fatigue, skin imperfections and improves energy levels!
Book an appointment to improve your overall wellness and address chronic health issues!